You may see several variations of d3dx9_35.dll error messages. Among them:
"Dll will not start d3dx9_35.dll error 126."
"D3dx9_35.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."
"D3DX9_35.DLL Not Found.""File d3dx9_35.dll not found."
"The file d3dx9_35.dll is missing"
"D3DX9_35.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_35.DLL and try again."
"Missing component d3dx9_35.dll"
"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll could not be found!"
Why D3dx9_35.dll Errors Occur:
D3dx9_35.dll issues are all related to Microsoft DirectX 9.
The d3dx9_35.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX 9 software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, d3dx9_35.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Fortunately the solution is easy:
We strongly recommend that you do not download the d3dx9_35.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site," found by searching on the web. If you've already done so, remove it from wherever you installed it and instead follow the instructions below:
- Restart your computer. The d3dx9_35.dll error could go away by simply restarting but this is usually not the case.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 9, directly from Microsoft's website. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX 9 will fix the d3dx9_35.dll not found error. Even if your version appears to be the same as the current version available from Microsoft, there may be updates so do install the latest release regardless.
- If you are running Windows Vista with DirectX 10, the game may still require DirectX 9 files to run properly. Both versions of DirectX can be run simultaneously in Vista and Windows 7.
- If the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_35.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX 9 installation program in your game files. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX 9 on the installation disc. Often, the version contained in the game file will work better than the latest version available online.
- Uninstall the game and reinstall it again. There may be a problem with the files within the game that work with d3dx9_35.dll and reinstalling may fix it.
- Restore the d3dx9_35.dll file from the DirectX 9 software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_35.dll error, try extracting the d3dx9_35.dll individually from the DirectX 9 package.
Click HERE for an external article which may further assist you with this problem.